"The joy of the Lord is my strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Proverbs 31 Woman

Happy Mother's Day!! I should be studying right now, but I just wanted to make a little tribute to the most wonderful mother I know: my mom, Deede Kleimeyer. My mom has always been amazing. Growing up, she has always been so encouraging to me in whatever I did. Her sweet smile and fun-loving personality, goofiness, and contagious laugh are just a few of her good qualities. I respect my mom for who she is, and that is a woman who loves the Lord and whose light shines in everything she does, especially in her role as a mother to me. But, everyone who knows my mom loves her: she has a bubbly personality and a heart for people that everyone loves and appreciates. Whenever someone tells me that I look like my mom or that I'm a lot like her, I definitely take that as a compliment because I think she is one of the most beautiful people God has made, both inside and out. This year, I've gone through some hard times with my mom by my side, and I hope she knows how much I appreciate everything she has done for me, and how much I loved that she was always with me, even if it meant hours and hours of driving for her. Most of the time she was with me this year, I was not feeling too well, and she served me and was always there. I am so thankful for that because I know this year was hard for her too. Cancer was a part of both of our lives, of our family's life, and we can thank God that He has healed me and our family does not have to fight it anymore. My mom has so much joy and energy that she spreads to everyone around her, and I have seen that firsthand for the 21 years I have been her daughter. God is so faithful and blesses us so much, and I am so blessed to have a mom who exemplifies the woman of God in Proverbs 31. She is so great, and she serves the Lord as a mother, a daughter, a wife, and a woman of God! The bold words are characteristics based on the verses, and they also define my mom. I love you so much! :)

The Proverbs 31 Woman

An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far above jewels.  (rare, precious)
The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. (trustworthy)
She does him good and not evil all the days of her life. (kind)
She looks for wool and flax and works with her hands in delight. (works joyfully)
She is like merchant ships; she brings her food from afar. (goes extra mile)
She rises also while it is still night and gives food to her household and portions to her maidens. (disciplined)
She considers a field and buys it; from her earnings she plants a vineyard. (enterprising, prudent with money)
She girds herself with strength and makes her arms strong. (energetic)
She senses that her gain is good; her lamp does not go out at night. (good steward)
She stretches out her hands to the distaff, and her hands grasp the spindle. (diligent) She extends her hand to the poor, and she stretches out her hands to the needy. (compassionate, generous)She is not afraid of the snow for her household, for all her household are clothed with scarlet. (provident)
She makes coverings for herself; her clothing is fine linen and purple. (elegant)
Her husband is known in the gates,when he sits among the elders of the land. (influential)
She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies belts to the tradesmen. (industrious)
Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future. (poised)
She opens her mouth in wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. (wise)
She looks well to the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness. (manages her home)
Her children rise up and bless her; her husband also, and he praises her, saying: (praiseworthy)
"Many daughters have done nobly, but you excel them all." (distinguished) Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised. (God-fearing)
Give her the product of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates. (honored)
Proverbs 31:10-31

No comments:

Post a Comment